05 Nov HOLY SOULS – day 5
Sr Mary of Jesus (Madeleine Dupont) was born in February 1851, and entered Carmel in 1872, being welcomed by M. Mary of the Blessed Trinity who was Prioress at that time. Her Life is told in full in the Book “In the Silence of Mary” (See Crafty Nuns Shop) She was also one of the Founding Sisters, and in fact she was nominated Prioress when M. Mary of the Blessed Trinity retired from office in 1883. In fact, M. Mary of Jesus carried the unusually heavy burden of Prioress for the rest of her long life, during which she founded 33 other Carmels in Britain.She died on March 15th 1942. The images above show sister with her brother and her mother.